This course is designed to serve the needs of all aspects of the animal sector, including companion animals, zoological and welfare aspects of the animal management industry and provide the training, technical and practical skills you will need in your career. You will also have the opportunity to gain vital work experience in local veterinary practices and wildlife organisations.
A range of pathways are available, dependent on your qualifications.
- One-year Certificate
- One-year Subsidiary Diploma
- Two-year Diploma
- Two-year Extended Diploma.
- Breed development and welfare
- Health and disease
- Practical animal husbandry
- Business management for the animal care industry
- Work experience and employability skills
- English and Maths, as required.
If your programme of study is over two years, you will be able to specialise in:
- Animal nursing
- Companion animals
- Zoological and wildlife conservation.
Four GCSEs at grade C or 4 or equivalent, preferably including Science, English and Maths, or a relevant BTEC Level 2 / First Diploma or equivalent. A satisfactory reference is also needed.