This course is ideal for learners who have an interest in any aspect of the media and games industry and would like to learn how games are developed, focusing on the creative development of game ideas. Students will get the chance to make practical media productions of their own, use media equipment such as photography graphics and design packages plus a sound studio.
You could complement your studies with enrichment activities including our E-Gaming society, Anime, Classic consoles or Dungeons and Dragons.
This course is assessed by exams. The Units are:
- Pre-Production Techniques for the Media Industry
- Communication Skills for the Media Industries
- Computer Games Design
- Digital Graphics for Games
- Research Techniques for the Media Industries
- Computer Game Story Development
- Human-Computer Interfaces for Computer Games
GCSE Grade 4 in English with an average points score of 4 or above.