An Apprenticeship in customer service is an excellent way to create a solid foundation for your career in a huge range of job roles and industries.
You will learn how to understand your customers, learn in-depth knowledge about your businesses products and services, effective communication and influencing skills and how to deal with conflict and challenge.
Typical roles that this apprenticeship will support are:
- Customer Service Assistant
- Sales Assistant
- Customer Care Representative
- Contact Centre Operative
Customer Service Practitioners deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Customer Service Practitioners influence the customer experience and their satisfaction with the organisation. Our Apprentices learn and develop the knowledge and skills required to become competent and valued employees, enabling them to progress in their career.
As an Apprentice you will be employed and you will earn a wage from day one. Apprenticeship training will take place every week, with attendance at the Avant training centre at least every two weeks.
Completion of the Apprenticeship will lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an Individual member at Professional level.
As part of the apprenticeship you will complete the knowledge, Skills and Behaviours required to achieve the apprenticeship standard:
- Understand who customers are
- Understand the difference between internal and external customers
- Understand the different needs of customers and the best way to manage their expectations, recognising and knowing how to adapt style to be highly effective
- Know your organisation’s core values and how they link to service culture
- Understand how to build trust with a customer
- Use a range of questioning skills, including listening and responding in a way that builds rapport, determines customer needs and expectations and achieves positive engagement and delivery
- Demonstrate patience and calmness
- Show you understand the customer’s point of view
- Maintain informative communication during service recovery
- Take ownership for keeping your service knowledge and skills up-to-date
- Being open to feedback
- Equality and treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation including dress code and professional language
- Share personal learning and case studies with others to support good practice, presenting recommendations for improvements
As part of the standard, you will also be required to work towards English and Maths Functional Skills. If you have already achieved GCSE Grade C and above or GCSE Level 4 and above, you will be exempt, otherwise you will work towards the level above that in which you have achieved.
During your apprenticeship you will learn the skills, knowledge and behaviours which will then support you in the End-Point Assessment. You could partake in a combination of activities, such as classroom-based sessions, mentoring, shadowing, bespoke resources and off-site visits, in order to support your learning and development. You must also partake in 20% off-job training.
The knowledge training is delivered at the Avant Skills Academy training centre in Grimsby town centre, at the employers work place and online