North Lindsey College
Each year thousands of learners come to North Lindsey to embark upon their chosen studies. Many embark upon courses that will enhance their career aspirations, or in areas in which they have a particular personal interest.
Our facilities and the quality of our provision are of the highest standard, and we have invested over £16 million in our site in the last couple of years.
Our students can study an AS level alongside a vocational programme enabling you to work towards a broader mix of qualifications.
Here at North Lindsey College we will do all we can to ensure you get the most out of your chosen course. Whatever you choose, you will benefit from an exciting and challenging learning experience, with access to a wide range of support services aimed at helping you to succeed.
You can get more information by visiting our website www.northlindsey.ac,uk or if you need further help please contact our Customer Services team, who will be happy to help you.
About the College
North Lindsey College is an award-winning provider of further and higher education situated one mile from the centre of Scunthorpe.
We are the largest provider of post-16 education and training in North Lincolnshire, offering a huge range of full-time, part-time and work based learning courses at a range of levels. Our learners benefit from excellent facilities plus friendly and vocationally experienced staff. We offer bespoke training through to higher education programmes suitable for school leavers, adults, and employers.
North Lindsey College is the largest provider of apprenticeships - up to higher education level - providing apprenticeships across sectors such as engineering, construction, health and social care, education, digital, and offering individuals a great opportunity to enter employment and continue their educational studies too.
At College we offer a broad range of qualifications with vocational courses including Animal Management, Creative Arts, Beauty Therapy, Business and Tourism, Childcare & Education, Construction, Engineering, Health and Social Care, Hairdressing, Hospitality and Catering, Digital Technology, Transport, and Sport and Uniformed Studies.
Not sure what you want to do? Not sure we have a programme for you? Just email or phone us to find out more. Our careers guidance team are always on hand to help you identify what may suit your needs and interests.
Support for Learners
North Lindsey College actively encourages all prospective learners to disclose any disability or additional need so that we can access the support needed and assess the suitability of the programme of study. All information that is disclosed will be treated sensitively. The College support staff can help and advise you on how to study more effectively and they will access support specific to your needs wherever possible. Whatever your study needs our main concern is your achievement.
Information, Advice and Guidance
In agreement with specific schools a member of the careers guidance team will attend School Parents Evenings, Careers Events and other activities as well as being available in school to give advice, information and guidance on College programmes as part of Year 11 Careers Education programme. Team members also visit outreach centres and community events to assist prospective adult learners.
Our careers guidance team will offer support at events and also through one to one interviews. This support is available to all potential and existing College learners. We also provide support to parent/carers, schools and employers.
The College has a broad range of financial support available. You can contact the financial support team and check out our website for up to date information. If you are not sure what finance may be available, then please given them a call.
Contact Customer Services on 01724 294030, for further details.
Additional Information on:
- Policies and Procedures
- Equality and Diversity
- Disability Statement
And any further information is available by contacting Customer Services on 01724 294030.
What makes us different?
Reasons to Choose North Lindsey College
- Our campus on Kingsway has seen huge investment in the last few years, giving you access to some of the best facilities in the area.
- We offer a wide range of work-related courses and qualifications for you to choose from.
- We offer AS Level and GCSE courses that can be studied together or as additional qualifications with a vocational course.
- The majority of our teaching staff have first hand experience of working within industry and are here to pass their skills and knowledge directly on to you.
- A full-time course might only mean three days a week in College!
- Our vocational qualifications equip you for work or University.
- As well as your main course of study you can benefit from an ever-increasing range of enrichment studies from sports to trips.
- Many of our courses are assessed via course work - meaning no scary exams!
- As a learner at the College you'll be entitled to take advantage of discounted gym membership and hair and beauty treatments at our on-site fitness centre and salons.
- We're recognised as offering award winning customer service and information, advice and guidance to current and prospective learners.
- We offer an ever-increasing number of degree level courses for you to progress onto accredited by the University of Hull and the University of Lincoln.
So what are you waiting for?
When you enrol on a course at North Lindsey College you'll get instant access to a whole host of fantastic facilities including:
- Spacious dining facilities including Starbucks serving a range of hot and cold meals, snacks and drinks.
- State of the art Learning Resource Centre with group study areas, silent study areas, internet access, laptop bars, bookable rooms and a vast array of books, journals and periodicals.
- Discounted treatments in Images Hair and Beauty Salons.
- Discounted Gym membership at the Kingsway Fitness Centre.
- Counsellors to provide help in a confidential setting with any personal or domestic problems.
- Choices clinic.
- Industry-standard facilities and equipment
- Careers Guidance Team.
Excellent Training Facilities
North Lindsey College boasts some of the best facilities in the area including:
Engineering Technology Centre housing our engineering facilities – over £12 million invested in 2015
Engineering Technology Centre housing our light and heavy vehicle repair workshops, body repair and paint mix and spray rooms.
Purpose-built small animal care centres and aviary housing various species of small birds and animals.
Range of specialist Art and Design workshops and facilities.
Commercially operated fitness suite, activity studio, fitness testing room as well as a Multi-Use-Games-Area (MUGA) and College playing fields.
Travel office providing holiday information and travel bookings.
Aircraft cabin section.
Commercially run hair salons, beauty salons and hydrotherapy suite.
Wide range of childcare related practical resources including arts and craft room and extensive links with employers leading to high-quality placement opportunities.
Plumbing workshops, carpentry and joinery workshops, brick workshops and painting and decorating workshops.
Computer rooms all with high specification computers.
Dance studio, recording rooms, and stage.
Many are commercial facilities, serving paying members of the public, and are used as training facilities for our learners. This ensures that learners on many of our courses gain real-life work experience onsite at North Lindsey while they are completing their courses - an experience which can be invaluable when applying for jobs afterwards.